Exempt - This position is responsible for providing health, safety and compliance oversight for the Perma-Fix Southeast Region. The position reports to the vice president for the southeast region and coordinates with facility managers to ensure worker safety, provide compliance and permitting support, conduct facility inspections and assessments and assist in all regulatory activities.
- Implement health and safety procedures and practices.
- Conduct health and safety inspections to ensure worker safety.
- Maintain facility licenses and permits.
- Complete regulatory reporting as required at each facility.
- Review all compliance-related inspections performed at Southeast Region facilities.
- Provide RCRA, OSHA, DOT and other required training to employees and customers.
- Implement medical surveillance program as required for each facility.
- Maintain medical and training records as required for each facility.
- Provide support to facility managers for regulatory inspections and vendor audits.
- Provide training for facility managers and others assigned as emergency coordinators.
- Act as an emergency coordinator for the Perma-Fix of Florida facility.
- Provide support as needed for the Perma-Fix of Florida Nuclear Division Quality Assurance and safety programs.
- Provide fee-for-service consultation to customers.
- Research changing regulations and implement new programs as necessary.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Occasionally required to wear various types of chemical protective clothing and respiratory.
- Able to withstand seasonal extremes of temperature and will be subjected to the outside elements.
- Able to periodically climb into, onto and out of equipment of all types.
- Must have the ability to comprehend and analyze both verbal and written communication.
- Must display good customer relations at all times.