Non-exempt. Perform maintenance and repairs of plant electrical equipment and controls.
Works under general supervision to perform varying tasks such as:
- Installs and maintains the plant electrical systems and devices.
- Performs testing and verification of operability of electrical equipment. May replace defective parts after testing.
- Troubleshoots equipment malfunctions, conduct repairs and re-tests the equipment.
- Perform minor electrical equipment repairs.
- Maintains test equipment inventory.
- Works with the Buyer/Inventory Control Specialist to maintain appropriate levels of spare equipment/parts.
- Organizes and plans work independently.
- Assist in instrument and controls, and mechanical maintenance activities as needed.
- Assists the instrument technicians as required.
- Other duties as assigned.
Continuous field/facility work required where there is potential for exposure to radiation, noise, dust and hot and cold temperatures. Climbing, walking and lifting will be normal daily requirements.