Non-exempt position. Plan and carry out analytical chemistry tasks that are required in a variety of laboratory activities.
- Plan and carry out analyses as instructed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Preparation of sample extract, Preparation of Mercury extracts, Analysis of Mercury extracts, Prep/Analyze TOC solids/liquids. Prep/Analyze PCB samples, WAP, BTU and Rad.
- Chemical Hygiene Technician.
- Perform laboratory procedures according to QA/QC and environmental policies and to meet standard operating procedures for laboratory operation.
- Compile, record, calculate, analyze and file data as instructed.
- Document work in forms of memoranda, reports and methods when required.
- Apply safety rules and adhere to general conduct regulations in handling laboratory materials and equipment.
- Maintain laboratory instruments and equipment in proper operating condition and contact repair services as required.
- Remove waste materials generated by laboratory activity in assigned area of responsibility.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of new lab methods and procedures.
- Other duties as assigned.
Lab environment, some light lifting, bending and reaching necessary. The position requires the ability to wear protective equipment and work with hazardous materials. Job will require standing approximately five to six hours per day. Job may require overtime and shift work.