EXEMPT. Manages the safety and health program for specific field projects.
- Responsible for developing and implementing project specific Accident Prevention Plans, Health and Safety plans, procedures, and hazards analyses. Works with the Project Manager to ensure work is executed safely and compliantly.
- Responsible for operating and maintaining HS instrumentation in a manner that confirms operations is being performed safely and data generated is defensible.
- Conducts daily safety topics and ensure project staff is trained and qualified to perform the assigned scope of work.
- Conducts safety site inspections and assessments according to requirements stated in the HS Plan.
- Responsible for assuring personnel are properly trained in accordance with approved work plans and activity specific hazards analyses.
- Responsible for ensuring operators of equipment and industrial powered trucks are properly trained and qualified.
- Ensures employees are empowered to stop work when unsafe conditions exist.
- Responsible for collecting and managing all HS records generated during project execution.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
In addition to office assignments, may need to have frequent visits to project locations which may include hazardous waste treatment facilities, environmental remediation projects , radioactive contaminated areas, etc. May require ability to don and use respiratory protection and other personal protective equipment. May need to visit facilities and projects throughout the United States and possible international locations. May need to attend meetings with regulatory agencies to address regulatory conformance matters.
This position is suited for safety professionals that can travel to support short and long term projects located throughout the United States with minimum notification. Candidates must be very comfortable with public speaking, presenting instructional or HS information and capable of preparing technical documents including all safety and IH related documents.