Exempt position. Responsible for implementation of the Waste Certification Program and ensuring waste packages and shipments comply with the requirements of the Disposal sites. Works with multiple facilities on NNSS issues.
- Assist in the development and implementation of the Waste Certification Program.
- Inspect waste packages to be shipped to NNSS or other disposal facilities.
- Develop and maintaining the NNSS Implementation Crosswalk.
- Conduct an annual review of the NNSS approved Waste Profiles (WPs) and Waste Certification Program.
- Coordinate revisions to NNSS approved WPs.
- Develop and maintain a current listing of Certification Personnel, organizational chart specific to the waste management and support organizations for the NNSS Waste Certification Program.
- Ensure requirement changes in the NNSS WAC are communicated to the appropriate Personnel.
- Develop a WCO Surveillance schedule that includes an annual review of the status of training associated with Certification and Shipping Team.
- Review all Policies, Procedures, and Process guidelines referencing NNSS Waste Profiles.
- Act as alternate Shipper for the facility and second verification for all shipments leaving the facility.
- Other duties as assigned.
Continuous field/facility work required where there is potential for exposure to mixed hazardous materials, radiation, noise, dust, hot and cold temperatures and chemicals. Ability to travel ~30% of the time. Climbing, walking, stooping and lifting will be daily requirements. Individual will be required to wear PPE.