EXEMPT. Responsible for overall management of waste and transportation compliance, support of the Perma-Fix broker program, supporting proposal development in response to RFP’s; provide waste management and transportation support for sales and marketing, support business plan development and assessment. Support waste compliance and transportation related activities at fixed base facilities. This position may require managing, coordinating, and administering project(s) involving waste management from the conceptual stage through planning, engineering, procurement, construction, start-up, and prime contract close-out. Provide leadership in managing contracts including maintenance of schedules and milestones, coordinating participation of responsible entities and defining major task areas. Supervise development of budgets and schedules, monitor progress, and initiate action to ensure project objectives and schedules are met and work is performed within budget.
- Proposals - Develop waste and transportation related technical approaches for proposals; Assist in Identifying and recruiting key personnel.
- Support on Field Projects - Manage the recruitment of technical support personnel, selection of subcontractors and procurement of materials and equipment; Establish a comprehensive regulatory compliance and transportation program for Nuclear Services, to include national and international waste management operations; Procure and establish national Rate Tenders for transportation services and contracts for related materials and supplies; Conduct periodic project and customer meetings to review progress and discuss issues related to waste management. Ensure problems involving coordination, schedule and the setting of priorities are resolved by the project teams.
- Fixed Base Facilities - Support fixed base facilities for transportation, waste certification and waste compliance as requested; Provide Transportation and Waste Compliance training to the facility staff, as requested.
- Conduct and review performance appraisals of assigned personnel in accordance with approved procedures.
- Prepare and submit waste documentation as needed to include, but not limited to, waste profiles, shipping documentation, and any shipment records.
- Train workforce on waste management procedures and regulatory requirements.
- Perform other duties as assigned.