Non-exempt position. Conduct radio-analyses of soil, sludge, and water samples by gamma spectroscopy and gross alpha/beta analyses.
- Operation of gamma spectroscopy and gross alpha/beta counting equipment.
- Maintaining sample chain-of-custody records.
- Radioactive sample handling, processing, measurement and data quality assessment.
- Performing analytical sample preparation.
- Review accuracy and completeness of analytical results from on-site and off-site laboratories.
- Oversee proper operation, maintenance, and calibration of laboratory equipment.
- Quality control/Quality assurance for laboratory.
- Develop viable process alternatives and improvements, manage and adjust deadlines and deliverables.
- Perform other tasks as assigned.
Looking for local people in or around Friendly, West Virginia. Long-term project. No per diem.