Non-Exempt. Perform general laborer work activities in radiological work environments. Work involves decontamination with mild detergents, simple green, HEPA vacuums, Vec-Loaders, strippable coatings, scallers, peening hammers, chippers, saws-alls, and other hand tools. Perform packaging and waste loading operations as required.
- Operate various tools and equipment for decontamination and remediation activities involving radiological and hazardous waste.
- Ensure proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies.
- Promote continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
- Demonstrate adaptability and resourcefulness in the safe and efficient remediation practices.
- Check equipment daily to maintain efficient and safe operational status including inspections.
- Operate vehicles and equipment under adverse weather conditions, and works on a schedule other than the normal work hours of 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Schedule work to be performed and monitor progress.
- Responsible for the implementation of safety and security policies, procedures and instructions for field/project operations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.